Sunday, December 18, 2011

Browser Investigation

The Browser that I have the most experience with is Explorer, only by virtue of the fact that I have a Windows laptop and that was the default browser, and that is the only browser available to me at work. Recently I had some security issue with Explorer on my laptop and I upgraded to the latest version, which afterwards I discovered was a big mistake. I keep getting all of these unfortunate pop-up messages, asking me questions which I can't seem to ever make go away, even though I choose "Do not show this message again." and pages wouldn't load, and it was slow and just overall a frustrating experience. They also revamped all the menus and shortcut buttons, and it was all so utterly confusing. So, off to Firefox land I went. It was a bit of an adjustment as the Menus are set up differently but over all I can say that the interface seems simpler, I receive no random pop-up window messages and the performance is far superior as it seems very speedy. I have had a bit of experience using Safari as my sister is a devout Mac user. Nothing seems to scream out at me as special or difficult to use about this browser other than the fact that it takes some getting used to as the interface is different than the others. I have had even less experience with Google Chrome, however I did end up using it to upload my YouTube video as it was suggested by several classmates that the upload speeds were far superior than that of any other Browser. I conducted a bit of research online and found that Chrome is considered to be the most secure out of all the browsers available.

But really when it boils down to it, browser choice seems to be a personal preference based off of familiarity, features and personal experience with browser issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment